Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Prioritaire

Today, I had a brief Danish moment as I decided to not only add some mint jelly to the dinner but also pick up an old book by Iselin C Hermann while waiting for the potatoes to boil. Unfortunately, Iselin's more recent book "Dampe" has still not been translated into English or, for that part, Swedish.

Somewhat uncertain about the future of epistolary novels in these WhatsApp times. In any case, I am doubtful if more words are really what the world needs at this point in time. Nevertheless, I struggle on with the book manuscript in the futile hope that it may convince someone, somewhere or at least, ever so slightly, open their minds to new possibilities. A kind answer earlier today from a professor and arch-Malthusian in Oregon gave me some hope that people can still be their better selves and that all has not yet been reduced to spiteful Trumpesque tweets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home