Friday, July 07, 2017

Den allvarsamma leken

One thing I appreciate with long haul flights is that they give me a chance to catch up, with thinking, writing and that thing known as “popular culture”. For instance, returning from South-East Asia the other year, I could finally make good on my promise to watch Interstellar. This time around, as I was flying back from Hong Kong, I got a chance to watch Pernilla August's adaptation of "Den allvarsamma leken". Set in early 20th century Stockholm, it is a story of winter encounters at the Royal Opera, betrayal and life choices that never really appear to be choices. Outside, one can hear the Dreyfus affair passing by. For me, Stockholm is always so familiar and unfamiliar at the same time.

Today was the last day of preschool before the summer holidays. Now five long weeks of "vacation" await. To get in shape for what is to come, I started the morning with a quick run around the lake. Afterwards, I felt very good about the fact that I am finally back at 5 minutes and 40 seconds per kilometre.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home