Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Marlon Bundo

Getting off at 12th Street in Oakland, it felt like June again for a split second, as if I was about to meet a new batch of Breakthrough Generation fellows. However, from my lack of nervousness if nothing else, I could quickly tell that it was just April and that I was only there to talk with Emma about my Pinker piece. In Ted’s office I spotted two hardback copies of Enlightenment now so the book seems to have made a bit of an impression in the ecomodernist community...

Before taking the BART, I spent the better part of an hour walking between different bookstores in San Francisco. Finally, at Chronicle Books on 4th Street, I found what I was looking for, namely the John Oliver version of A Day in the Life of Marlon Bundo.

Otherwise, this my last full day in California has been mostly work with the exception of a morning run with an old friend from Korea. As for Asia, tonight we are staying at the Kimpton Buchanan which can best be described as a Japanese island adrift in an American sea or perhaps an inverted United flight 881.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home